onsdag 20. juni 2018

AM I A HEALER, LIKE JOHAN KAAVEN?

Photo Ann Helen Gjermundsen
Many people I meet ask me if I am related to the famous shaman Johan Kaaven. And yes, I am related to him. He is my great granduncle. The second thing they ask is if I have the same healing powers that he has, and to that there is not an easy answer.

There are relatives that have such skills as he does now still. The powers are still in the familiy. And I think I might be able to access such powers if I wanted to. People in the familiy who do have them choose not to go public about it, and work their healing powers in silence, with the faith that the people who need their help will encounter them. And they only use the powers when they are in situations it is needed, - and not like a profession.

Since I was a child I have been terrified of having such skills as the shaman has. I remember when I was a child I sincerely hoped I would never see the white reindeer, which in sami culture means you are "a chosen one". I was scared of all the responsability that comes with it, and I was scared that I wouldnt be able to enjoy my life as much when I knew things not everyone knows...

But the last 5 years this has changed. When I got ill after 35 years of perfect health and needed to go to surgery,  and I experienced that there are very few people who actually can help me when I truly need it... After this I have been thinking more and more about taking the ideas about other realms seriously.  I mean - I have always had the interest for it, and if it can do good - why not!
A few people have told me that I have a shaman spiritual guide and he is trying to talk to me, but I refuse to listen...  A few years ago I decided I would do my best to take this more serious and change my life in a direction where I actually could live a life where I am more in tune with such possibilities that connection with nature religion and spirituality can take place.

But I know I will never be shaman in a tradional way - like Johan Kaaven and other sami noaidi´s where.
I wouldnt nessacerily call myself a shaman or healer at all. But I think I can make my own magic through music and arts and try to connect with other worlds and powers in my own way.
This has been a very exciting journey for me so far, and of course the fay-realm has a big part of it.

This weekend I am playing a concert at the 100 years anniversary of Johan Kaaven´s death. They have a seminars, exhibitions and movies about him in Lakselv during the weekend. I am honored to pay him this respect and I think it was a great thing to arrange this anniversary. He deserves it! 💛


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

RSS