søndag 20. desember 2015

MY SAFE PLACE

"Bade-jávri" as we called it.
This is a method I use for whenever I feel nervous before going on stage. It is a very well known trick for anyone who struggle with any kind of anxieties. Whenever you feel nervous or unsafe you may use this method. It has always helped me with my stage fright. In the beginning when I started perfoming I knew that I had to find some way to manage my nervousness,  and this is one of the ways I do it.

I squeeze my lucky pouch before I go onto stage. Ground myself and visualise the place in the picture of "bade-jávri" in my mind. I see myself singing and dancing on this beach to the trees, lake and mountains. And I always know that they are happy to hear me sing and see me dance.

A safe place is a place you go to in your mind where you know you have full control. There is no one who can enter without your permission. You decide who can enter and what happens in there.
When I go to my safe place I usually visualise it looking like this lake. It is in Gárdin / Ravnastua Fjellstue where my grandmother lived for 50 years.
She called Gárdin the most beutiful place on earth - and so do I. <3 br="">

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

RSS